All use of the Gethsemane Bible Institute’ (GBI) World Wide Web site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth below. Any use of such Web pages constitutes the user’s agreement to abide by the following terms and conditions.
GethsemaneBible.com pages are designed for informational and educational purposes only. All information provided by GBI is owned by or licensed to GBI. GBI and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to the information contained on the pages.
Requests for permission to use information from GethsemaneBible.com should be addressed to the GBI Director of Communications email@example.com.
The rights of GBI in its Web site are protected by local copyright laws, and your use of any material on this page is subject to those same laws. You agree not to remove or modify the copyright and trademark notices that appear in the documents of the Gethsemane Bible Institute Web site, and agree to give GBI credit for any material you use from the page.
GBI grants you the right to create a hyperlink to any document on GethsemaneBible.com from your Web site so long as your hyperlink does not create the appearance that there is any sponsorship or endorsement between GBI and your organization or between the pages, unless you are at a member or an affiliate institution or unless your organization has a formal business partnership with the GBI. In those cases, guidelines have been given to your organization for creating the most appropriate link to GethsemaneBible.com.
If you have any doubt about whether a particular use of GethsemaneBible.com is permitted or prohibited, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GethsemaneBible.com may contain links to, or be accessed through, links on World Wide Web sites of other institutions, individuals or groups. GBI is not responsible for the content, availability, operation or performance of any other site to which this Web site may be linked or from which this Web site may be accessed.
FORUMS AND ARTICLE CONTENT
Forum & Article Rules
- Only one account per person is permitted.
- Keep all posts on-topic.
- All posts & articles must be in English, unless approved by GBI or posted in a specific international forum. If posting in a international forum, please use the language of that forum, and not English.
- Do not pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and so is subject to US law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
- Post your comment, question or article to the most appropriate place. Any articles or posts deemed to be in the wrong catagory or forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
- Choose an appropriate subject line. If there is a problem try to summarise the problem briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. ;read this or you will be arrested;).
- Include as much information as you can when seeking help.
- No useless posts or articles. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming. What is spamming? Read this.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgement of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post or article containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will be baned.
- Do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
- Must be setup in your Forum Profile (link up the top right, next to WAP) , and not manually added to your messages.
- May NOT contain any images.
- May not contain any pricing, sales, product etc. details.
- May contain a maximum of two smilies. Or one animated smiley.
- May include two clickable links. URLs or mailto: – No duplicate links
- Only exact URLs allowed ie not < a href=”http://www.gethsemanebible.com”>LOOK HERE – No tinyurls etc either, only exact, literal URLs
- May include two colors. Hyperlink color is set by the forum and is not counted as a color.
- Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
- Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
- May not contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self promotion
- Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
- Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our members, or our staff, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
At all times:
- Keep all content & commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM – NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the ‘report to modertor’ link to notify the moderators.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
Our Commitment to Online Privacy
Thank you for using the Web site of the Gethsemane Bible Institute (GBI). In order to fulfill its mission to advance the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help its institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth, GBI uses electronic communication to contact its member and affiliate campuses and to coordinate initiatives on an international scale.
GBI is committed to protecting your online privacy, and this notice explains GBI’s online information practices and how your information is collected and used. So that this notice is easy to find, it is available to all visitors to GethsemaneBible.com.
Anonymous Visitor Access
You can view the GethsemaneBible.com home page and all interior GethsemaneBible.com Web pages without disclosing any personal information.
Personal Visitor Information
We collect the personal information that you may volunteer while using our electronic services, such as completing an online course registration form or sending us e-mail. We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or entities, or private organizations. We do not disclose your personal data to our subsidiaries or other organizations.
Information that we collect from the online registration forms includes:
- Phone and fax numbers
- E-mail address
- Credit card number, expiration date and the cardholder’s name
- Registration category
How We Use Information Collected via Online Communication
We use the information you provide about yourself when registering on the site only to complete your registration and only for that specific course except that a list of registered member names and member defined information is available to school attendees, registered students, teachers and staff. No other information is shared with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that registration.
For e-mail correspondence not collected via online registration forms, we use the return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail inquiries we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
URLs beginning with “https://” indicate that an SSL connection will be used.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. We never collect or maintain information at our Web site from persons we know to be under age 13, and no part of our Web site is designed to attract anyone under age 13. Please do not communicate with or contact us if you are under age 13.
How You Can Review or Correct Your Information
You can contact GBI at the following address to ask if we are keeping personal data about you:
Gethsemane Bible Institute
200 SE 6th Street/ PO Box 684
Walnut Ridge, AR 72476
If we do have personal data about you, we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data that we keep about you, and we will provide the information without any charge.
Factual errors in your personally identifiable information including out-of-date information can be corrected by sending us a request that credibly shows that error.
And, to protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections or releasing your information for review.
Some of the clip art used on this site may be downloaded for free from ChristArt.com.
Arkansas Department of Higher Education
The Director of the Arkansas Department of Higher Education has determined that Gethsemane Bible Institute does not offer courses and/or degree programs customarily offered at colleges and universities and has issused an Exemption from Certification for degree programs to be offered by Gethsemane Bible Institute.
The student should be aware that credit hours for courses offered by Gethsemane Bible Institute may not transfer. Acceptance of course credits for transfer is at the descretion of the receiving institution.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 09 August 2007 )